This is an exciting opportunity for a healthcare assistant to join our nursing team in Dulas Ward, Ysbyty Gwynedd. Dulas is a 29-bed acute surgical ward that specializes in ENT and provides for patients who are medically able to be discharged to various locations.
Details New Healthcare Assistant Jobs in UK
- Employer name: Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board
- Address: Ysbyty Gwynedd Penrhosgarnedd Bangor, LL57 2PW
- Employer’s website: https://bcuhb.nhs.wales/train-work-live/ (Opens in a new tab)
- Pay scheme: Agenda for change
- Band: Band 2
- Salary: £22,720 a year per annum pro rata
- Contract: Permanent
- Working pattern: Full-time, Part-time
- Reference number: 050-ACS661-1023
- Privacy notice: Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board’s privacy notice (opens in a new tab)
Benefits of Healthcare Assistant Jobs in UK
- Job Security: As the population ages and healthcare requirements increase, it is anticipated that demand for healthcare assistants will continue to grow. This can provide job security and career stability.
- Profitable Work: Healthcare assistants frequently provide care, support, and companionship directly to patients. Making a positive difference in the lives of those in need can be incredibly rewarding.
- Profession Advancement: Numerous healthcare assistants use their experience to advance their professions in healthcare. They may pursue further education or training to become nurses, medical assistants, or other healthcare professionals.
- Diverse Work Environments: Healthcare assistants can work in hospitals, nursing homes, clinics, home healthcare, and assisted living facilities, among other settings. This diversity enables you to select the work environment that best suits your preferences.
- Adjustable Scheduling: Numerous positions for healthcare assistants offer flexible hours, making it simpler to balance work and other obligations.
- Persona Development: The healthcare industry offers numerous opportunities for personal development and advancement. You can acquire new skills, acquire valuable experience, and develop greater compassion and empathy.
- Competitive Compensation: Although salaries can differ based on location, experience, and other factors, healthcare assistant positions typically offer competitive pay and benefits.
- Entry into the Field Rapidly: The training required to become a healthcare assistant is typically brief, allowing you to enter the field relatively rapidly compared to other healthcare professions.
- Strong Job Contentment: As a result of making a difference in the lives of patients and their families, many healthcare assistants report high levels of job satisfaction.
- Continuous Education: As healthcare is an ever-evolving profession, medical assistants have the opportunity to continue their education and remain current on the most recent medical practices and technologies.
- Exposure to the Healthcare Sector: If you are interested in pursuing a long-term career in healthcare, working as a healthcare assistant can help you determine your areas of interest and specialization.
Duties of Healthcare Assistant Jobs in UK
As a health care assistant, you have the opportunity to join our team in the Dulas Ward. The ward specializes in ENT cases and has the capacity to care for geriatric dementia patients. We’re searching for an enthusiastic HCA to join our dynamic team. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to collaborate with experienced ENT personnel and the multidisciplinary team.
Working alongside Registered Nurses, students learn a variety of skills including dementia care, nutritional support, and bay nursing. Providing Holistic Care to every patient. Opportunities to acquire additional abilities, such as taking vital patient observations.
We are an adaptable and flexible group who work well with and for one another. We intend to provide learning opportunities for new team members. We anticipate the addition of new members to the team.
For this position, the ability to speak Welsh is desirable, but both Welsh and English speakers are welcome to apply.
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (BCUHB) North Wales, has all the proper ingredients if you enjoy a challenge, have a passion for helping others, or simply desire a new beginning. The largest health organization in Wales, providing a comprehensive range of primary, community, mental health, acute, and elective hospital services to approximately 700,000 people in North Wales. Join our team and receive the necessary support in accordance with our Organizational Values and ‘Proud to Lead’ competency framework.
We are proud to accept applications under the “Disability Confident Employer” scheme.
Please routinely check your email account. All correspondence regarding the recruitment process will be sent to the email address provided on the application form.
Candidates may submit applications in Welsh. Applications submitted in Welsh will be regarded equally to those submitted in English.
Responsibilities of Healthcare Assistant Jobs in UK
You can find a complete Job description and Person Specification in the supporting documents, or you can select Apply now to view them in Trac.
- Meets essential
- Meets desirable
- Meets essential
- Meets desirable
- Meets essential
- Meets desirable
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) of 1975 applies to this job. Because of this, a disclosure request must be sent to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as the CRB) to check for any past criminal convictions.
Certificate of Sponsorship | Healthcare Assistant Jobs in UK
Applications from job seekers who require current sponsorship as skilled workers to work in the United Kingdom are welcome and will be evaluated alongside all other applications. Visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
Since April 6, 2017, skilled worker applicants applying for entry clearance into the United Kingdom have been required to submit a criminal record certificate from each country in which they have resided continuously or cumulatively for at least 12 months over the past decade. Adult dependents (individuals older than 18) are also subject to this requirement. Here you will find instructions. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
For questions about the job, contact:
- Ward Manager
- Amy Smith
People Also Ask
How much are healthcare assistants paid in UK?
The average healthcare assistant salary in the United Kingdom is £23,400 per year. Entry-level positions start at £21,205 per year while most experienced workers make up to £30,619 per year.
Which Healthcare Jobs Are In High Demand In The UK?
Nursing, service management, and healthcare assistants are among the most in-demand occupations in the UK healthcare industry. Population growth and growing population are among the reasons for increasing this demand.
How do I get a job as a healthcare assistant in the UK?
Employers expect good literacy and numeracy and may ask for GCSEs in English and math. They may ask for a healthcare qualification, such as BTEC or NVQ.