Fruit Picking Jobs in Greece: Agriculture is an excellent example of a field where foreign applicants from Asia, Africa, and South America can find unskilled employment in Greece. There are numerous employment opportunities in Greece for international candidates interested in working as produce pickers on a farm. When the need arises, this type of work is typically referred to as seasonal work, and it involves mass recruitment.
Winter is typically the peak season for fruit picking employment in Greece, as many employers are eager to begin harvesting their crops. Some employers are prepared to sponsor your trip to Greece so you can work in their yard, which is an interesting fact about fruit-picking jobs in Greece. We will provide you with all the information you need to secure a high-paying fruit harvesting job in Greece as a foreign job seeker.
Prior to that, it is essential to understand your exact responsibilities as an employee in the fruit-harvesting industry. The complete job description and application requirements for fruit-picking positions in Greece are provided below.
Description of Fruit Picking Jobs in Greece
Fruit and vegetable pickers’ responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying, harvesting, and categorizing fruits based on size, variety, and ripeness
- Examining fruits of various sizes and varieties and removing rotten and overripe fruits
- Measuring and packing high-quality fruits and vegetables into crates before loading them onto trucks.
- As required, receiving, tallying, labeling, and storing inventory items
- Utilizing and sustaining a variety of equipment for the harvesting of fruits and vegetables, as well as other related duties,
- Maintaining a clean and orderly work site and a secure workplace.
Benefits of Fruit Picking Jobs in Greece
- Temporary Employment: Typically, fruit-picking jobs are seasonal, enabling individuals to work during harvest seasons. This is attractive for those seeking temporary or part-time employment.
- No Education Requirement: The vast majority of fruit-picking jobs do not require formal education or specialized training, making them accessible to a wide spectrum of people.
- Manual Work: Fruit harvesting is a physically demanding occupation requiring manual labor. Many individuals enjoy the hands-on nature of their profession.
- Outdoor Conditions: The picking of fruit takes place in the open air, providing an opportunity to work in a natural setting and appreciate the sun and fresh air.
- Physical Exercise: The position requires physical activity, such as bending, lifting, and walking, which can help individuals maintain physical fitness and remain active.
- Group work: Fruit harvesting frequently requires teamwork, nurturing a sense of camaraderie and cooperation among workers.
- Modular Hours: Some fruit-picking jobs offer shift flexibility, enabling workers to select shifts that fit their schedules.
- A Rapid Learning Curve: Fruit-picking tasks are comparatively simple to master, and on-site training is typically provided.
- Seasonal Journeys: Various harvests may necessitate seasonal travel, as workers may be required to move to various locations.
- Earnings Potential: Depending on the crop and region, fruit-picking employment can offer competitive pay, particularly for diligent and efficient workers.
- Relationship with Nature: Fruit pickers frequently acquire an appreciation for nature and an understanding of diverse fruits and crops.
- Cultural Interaction: In some regions, fruit-picking occupations attract individuals from diverse backgrounds, fostering cultural exchange and international friendships.
- Positions Available: Numerous agricultural regions around the globe offer fruit-picking jobs, ensuring a steady supply of employment opportunities.
- Opportunities for Progression: Some fruit-picking jobs may lead to supervisory or team leader positions, allowing experienced employees to advance their careers within the agricultural industry.
- Seasonal Labor, Seasonal Vacation: Seasonal work permits individuals to reconcile periods of intense labor with extended breaks or alternative employment during off-seasons.
Alternate Job Titles
- fruit picker
- fruit and vegetable harvester
- fruit & vegetable picker
- berry picker
- vegetable picker
- fruit and veg harvester
- farm hands
- fruit and veg picker
- crop harvester
- crop picker
- fruit and vegetable pickers
Requirements, Skills, and Qualifications for Fruit Picking Jobs in Greece
The job description for a farmer should include the following talents and qualifications:
- Excellent communicative abilities.
- Requires physical fitness.
- Highly developed hand-eye coordination.
- Knowledge of optimal agricultural practices.
- Capable of working extended hours on-site.
Salary of Fruit Picking Jobs in Greece
The average monthly income of fruit and vegetable pickers in Greece is €1,200 ($1,400). This amount may be increased or decreased based on factors considered throughout the duration of employment.
Unlike other types of unskilled employment opportunities abroad, workers employed as fruit and vegetable pickers are paid per hour or by the quantity of fruit picked. Both parties to the employment contract typically negotiate and agree upon this factor. Numerous fruit-picking positions in Greece provide additional compensation, including bonuses, housing, and meals.
How to Find Fruit Picking Jobs in Greece
There are a number of methods for foreign applicants to find high-paying agricultural or fruit-picking jobs in Greece with visa sponsorship. Below are a few of the most common methods to obtain high-paying fruit-picking jobs in Greece.
- Have someone in Greece look for work as a produce picker on your behalf: As a foreigner with a relative or acquaintance living in Greece, you can ask them to contact local farms and orchards on your behalf to inquire about visa sponsorship for fruit-picking jobs.
- Check for employment agencies abroad: There are a substantial number of overseas employment agencies dispersed across the seven continents of the world. Contacting someone with a solid reputation and a record that can be verified is without a doubt a wise move.
- Look for Job Advertisement Boards: Hundreds of international recruitment job posting boards are another excellent option for international applicants pursuing fruit-picking jobs in Greece with visa sponsorship. Explore their websites for the most recent employment opportunities in the specified category or field.
This year, if you leverage any of these three mediums, you will unquestionably advance. Don’t forget that you can also consult with us through our contact page.
Below is a list of the best available fruit-picking positions with visa sponsorship in Greece.
Visa Sponsorship Fruit Picking Jobs in Greece
- Apple picking in the Rhineland-Palatinate region
- Cherry picking in the Brandenburg region
- Grape harvesting in the Baden-Wurttemberg region
- Strawberry picking in the Lower Saxony region
- Raspberry picking in the Mecklenburg-Vorpommern region
- Blackberry picking in the Saxony-Anhalt region
- Apricot picking in the Bavaria region
- Plum picking in the North Rhine-Westphalia region
- Blueberry picking in the Schleswig-Holstein region
- Peach picking in the Hesse region
How to Apply for Fruit Picking Jobs in Greece
To effectively apply for a high-paying job picking fruits and vegetables in Greece for immigrants, you must visit a recruiter’s website or an application portal.
You must select the “apply now” button on the job page and then follow the on-screen instructions to successfully upload your resume and cover letter for the job role you are applying for.
Before submitting an application, it is essential to thoroughly examine the job description to identify any additional requirements. This is because some employers may include a particular keyword in the job description, which they will ask you to include in your cover letter to demonstrate that you have read the application page in its entirety.
Provide your most active email address upon completion, as this is where you will likely be contacted for the position you have applied for.
Fruit picking jobs in Greece for foreigners with visa sponsorship is an excellent opportunity for international candidates to obtain well-paying work in Greece. It is recommended that you utilize the application link(s) on this page to view available fruit harvesting jobs in Greece and submit your interest (CV or resume) to various employers.
For More Info:
Email Your CV, and We’ll Find the Best Pathway For you: email@example.com
People Also Ask:
Which jobs are in high demand in Greece?
Most In-Demand Job Sectors in Greece
How much do farm workers get paid in Greece?
The average pay for a farm worker or crop field worker is €18,066 a year and €9 an hour in Thessaloniki, Greece. The average salary range for a farm worker or crop fielder is between €13,730 and €21,029.
Can I get a job easily in Greece?
However, it’s challenging for non-EU and EEA citizens to get a job or a work visa in the country. Greece is known for being a beautiful country, and it has a growing startup sector. However, it’s challenging for non-EU and EEA citizens to get a job or a work visa in the country.