Fresh graduates, current students, professionals, and seasoned professionals can now participate in the German Winter Internship Program without taking the IELTS exam. Getting a foothold in the global market and acquiring valuable work experience can be accomplished with great success in Germany. There is no employment market that does not seek out individuals who stand out, and there is no better way to demonstrate this than by completing an internship in Germany.
Winter internships in Germany are the ideal way to gain experience in your desired field, and many companies offer Winter-only programs for students. If you are interested in interning in Germany, continue reading to learn more about the application process and what to anticipate.
Details of Winter Internships in Germany
- Category: Scholarships in Germany
- Type: Fully-Funded
- Location: Germany
Benefits of Winter Internships in Germany
- International Aspect: Interning in Germany provides the opportunity to gain exposure to a new culture and work environment. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with individuals from various cultural contexts, which can broaden your horizons and improve your cross-cultural communication skills.
- Professional Progress: Internships during the winter provide hands-on experience in your desired field, allowing you to acquire practical skills and knowledge. Academic knowledge can be applied to real-world circumstances.
- Language Abilities: If you want to improve your German language skills, interning in Germany can provide you with an immersive language experience. This is an opportunity to exercise and improve your language skills in a professional setting.
- Developing ContactwStationwork: Internships provide superb opportunities for networking. You can build relationships with professionals in your field, which can be beneficial for future career opportunities and references.
- Resume Improvement: Including an international apprenticeship on your resume can distinguish you in the eyes of potential employers. It demonstrates adaptability, cultural sensitivity, and a willingness to confront obstacles.
- Persona Development: Living and working in a foreign country can be transformative for the individual. It can enhance your self-assurance, independence, and problem-solving abilities.
- Global Viewpoint: Experiencing a distinct work culture and societal norms can help you develop a global perspective, which is becoming increasingly valuable in today’s interconnected world.
- Potential Job Opportunities: Some businesses use apprenticeships as a stepping stone to full-time employment. If your internship supervisors are impressed, you may be offered a position after you graduate.
- Research Possibilities: Numerous German universities and research institutions offer winter internships in cutting-edge research initiatives for those in research-oriented fields.
- Cultural Investigation: Germany offers a diverse cultural experience outside of the workplace through its history, art, cuisine, and vibrant cities. You will have the chance to travel and explore during your personal time.
Companies for Winter Internships in Germany
Consider the following German companies for a Winter internship:
1. Lufthansa Internship in Germany
Lufthansa is one of the main airlines in Germany. It is currently offering 74 paid jobs and internships to recent college graduates and seasoned professionals in disciplines including marketing, finance, and engineering.
2. Health Sector German Internships
If you are seeking an exceptional medical internship in Germany, look no further than the University Hospital Heidelberg Internships, the University of Holy Spirit Internships, and the Charité-Universitatsmedizin Berlin Internships. Leading medical professionals will teach you and give you professional experience. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain access to the German healthcare system and begin developing your professional network.
3. Airbus Internship in Germany
Airbus is one of the main aircraft manufacturers in Germany. Airbus provides paid and unpaid apprenticeships in all areas of their business to degree-holding individuals in Germany.
4. Siemens AG Internship in Germany
Siemens AG is one of the world’s major engineering companies. It offers 2- to 3-month paid internships in a variety of disciplines, such as mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and software engineering.
5. BMW Internship in Germany
BMW is another engineering giant that offers paid apprenticeships, with interns earning between $17 and $23 per hour. It offers apprenticeships in the fields of production planning, quality management, and supply chain management.
6. Volkswagen Internship in Germany
Volkswagen is one of the world’s largest automakers, and the company offers apprenticeships with salaries ranging from €12,317 to €21,304 per year. This includes the marketing and sales, finance, and human resources industries.
7. Deutsche Internship in Germany
Deutsche Bank provides recent college graduates with 101 paid internship opportunities across its various business divisions, such as investment banking, asset management, and private wealth management. Typically, internships last six to twelve weeks and are situated in Frankfurt, the global headquarters of the bank.
8. Commerzbank Internship in Germany
Additionally, Commerzbank offers apprenticeships in a variety of business sectors, including corporate banking, investment banking, and retail banking. Typical Commerzbank internships last between 9 and 12 weeks and are situated in Frankfurt.
9. KfW Bankgruppe Internship in Germany
KfW Bankgruppe, one of the largest banks in Germany, offers a variety of paid and unpaid apprenticeships to banking enthusiasts. Typically, their apprenticeships last between two and six months.
10. Bayer AG Internship in Germany
Bayer AG is a multinational pharmaceutical and life sciences corporation based in Germany. It offers a variety of apprenticeship opportunities for students in a variety of disciplines, including marketing, sales, human resources, etc. Annually, Bayer AG sponsors 4,000 students for internships, summer jobs, and dissertations.
11. Boehringer Ingelheim Internship in Germany
Boehringer Ingelheim is another leading German pharmaceutical company. Additionally, it offers a variety of internships for students, with the majority lasting 10–12 weeks during the Winter. Undergraduates and graduates may apply if they possess the necessary skills and meet the requirements.
12. Merck KGaA Internship in Germany
Merck KGaA is an industry leader in the healthcare sector. They offer young people 24-month internships in Germany, giving them multiple opportunities to begin their careers with us. Merck KGaA offers internships in biopharmaceuticals, medical devices, consumer health and cosmetics, life science research and development, and clinical research and development.
13. BP Europa SE/Aral AG Internship in Germany
The BP Europa SE/Aral AG Internship in Germany consists of 25-day paid apprenticeships in engineering, information technology, human resources, finance, and marketing. The paid apprenticeships include health insurance, a pension plan, life insurance, an allowance for public transportation, and language classes.
14. SoftServe Internship in Germany
SoftServe is a software services provider with offices in over 20 countries and more than 1800 employees. SoftServe offers a variety of 3-month internships that enable you to develop your technical and business skills in a demanding international setting.
15. Eleks Internship in Germany
The Eleks internship program enables students to explore the world of contemporary software engineering while acquiring transferable skills and competencies. In a number of Elek’s offices, including London, Berlin, Munich, and Quebec City, there are a variety of positions available in dynamic fields.
16. TeamViewer Internship in Germany
TeamViewer provides international students with apprenticeship opportunities. Interns have the opportunity to contribute to TeamViewer’s future by working on exciting initiatives at their headquarters in Germany.
17. Baker Hughes Internship in Germany
Baker Hughes is a prominent oilfield services company that has contributed to the development of some of the most innovative drilling, reservoir, and production solutions. The company offers 7–8-week Winter internships in a variety of disciplines, including engineering, geoscience, and business administration, among others.
18. Thyssenkrupp Internship in Germany
Thyssenkrupp’s apprenticeship program is intended to provide unpaid, six-month internships to students interested in engineering careers. The following engineering disciplines offer internships: Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineering, Industrial Engineering, and Electrical Engineering.
19. Mercedes-Benz Internship in Germany
The apprenticeship program seeks candidates who are eager to learn and advance their careers and who wish to join a team dedicated to the success of Mercedes-Benz. The Mercedes-Benz Group offers numerous 2-to-6-month internships and assists you in taking your first career steps.
20. Audi Internship in Germany
The Audi Internship Program is a globally competitive internship program that offers exceptional students 8-week or 6-month placements in copyright-related departments. Audi offers both paid and unpaid internships to give prospective employees a sample of working for the company.
21. HAWE Hydraulik SE Internship in Germany
A HAWE internship is an excellent method to learn about the company’s internal procedures and work. It offers paid internships at the preliminary, fundamental, mandatory, and voluntary levels. The apprenticeship will be conducted in Germany for three months.
22. Internship with ExxonMobil in Germany
ExxonMobil internships provide students with the opportunity to expand their knowledge while obtaining valuable on-the-job experience at one of the world’s largest publicly traded international oil and gas companies. The company offers four- to sixteen-month paid internships to students interested in the petroleum industry. Internships at ExxonMobil pay between $6,291 and $7,808 per month.
23. Internship with Equinor in Germany
The Equinor Winter Internships for Young Graduates are intended for recent college grads interested in gaining experience in the energy and gas industry. The duration of possible internships at Equinor may range from six to eight weeks. There are no compensated internship opportunities available.
24. Internship with Shell in Germany
Shell is a global conglomerate of petroleum and petrochemical firms. For students interested in working in the petroleum industry, the company offers 10-to-12-week internships in the business area of their choosing. Internships at Shell are rigorously evaluated and offer the opportunity to work on real projects that match your interests and talents.
25. Internship with SAP in Germany
SAP is a prominent enterprise software and services provider. The SAP Internship Experience Program is a paid, 10-week to 12-month global internship program that helps students find purpose in their careers in departments such as engineering, marketing, and sales, as well as year-round hiring.
26. Internship at Bosch in Germany
Bosch is an industry leader in automotive and industrial technology on a global scale. The Bosch Engineering GmbH offers both engineering and business-related apprenticeships. Up to six months of operational business support, project management, and the development of significant professional relationships. Their internship programs compensate you handsomely for your commitment.
27. Germany Max Planck Internship
The Max Planck internship is a paid apprenticeship for recent international graduates interested in working in Germany. The successful candidate could receive up to 800 euros per month. Beginning in the middle of June and continuing through the end of September, this apprenticeship will last ten weeks.
28. Internship with Daad in Germany
For international students, the Daad Winter internship in Germany is a paid opportunity. This fund will defray the costs of those who are selected for internships. In addition to financial compensation and research opportunities, interns will have the chance to acquire German culture and language.
29. Internship for Hutchinson in Germany
Each year, Hutchinson Internship offers approximately 80 internship opportunities to high school students. These are predominantly in technical fields, such as unpaid internships. A mechanical engineering student’s apprenticeship may last up to six months.
30. Internship with Germanwings in Germany
The internship program at Germanwings is designed to assist college students explore their passion for the aviation industry. The company is now offering internships to contribute to the creation of a diverse workforce and provide students from around the globe with unique opportunities.
People Also Ask:
Are there winter internships?
Many college students take advantage of winter internships to gain experience in their chosen field, make connections, and build their resumes. Winter internships are often shorter than summer internships, lasting only a few weeks or months.
Do internships in Germany pay?
In Germany, depending on certain factors, internships can be paid or unpaid. Generally, mandatory internships integrated into a degree program are not paid. However, some companies may offer compensation or a stipend for mandatory internships, but this is not guaranteed.
Can foreigners intern in Germany?
Still, they must apply for a residence permit as soon as they arrive in Germany, directly at the Immigration Office, in order to be able to legally do their internship or training. You too can find your internship while in your home country or after settling in Germany.